Cost effective power solution through world class solar powered products like solar water pumps, etc.; a joint venture by Tata Power and BP Solar since 1989...
With a rise in the living standards, the cost of everything has just skyrocketed. Primarily, one thing that has remained practically elusive is electrical power. Earlier, Sun was the direct source of power from which everything could be harnessed. With rising costs, the society has now reached to a full circle.
Tata BP Solar India Limited, a joint venture of Tata Power and BP Solar, was established in the year 1989 with the objective to develop and propagate renewable energy in the form of solar power. Our company has sophisticated manufacturing facilities in Bangalore for Solar Photovoltaic and Solar Thermal Products and Systems which are the largest of their kinds in the country. With a reputation for extreme quality consciousness and unmatched engineering expertise, we are today an ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 certified company (accreditation from BVQI, London) with our market base spread over SAARC countries, Australia, USA, EU, Latin America, Africa, Afghanistan, Far East and Middle East.
Thus, we are a globally reputed manufacturer, exporter and importer engaged in design, development and installation of advanced Solar Powered Products such as Solar Water Heaters, Solar Lanterns, Solar Home Lighting, Solar Power Packs for Homes, Solar Water Pumps, Industrial Solar Water Heating Systems, Building Integrated Photovoltaic, Solar Streetlights, Solar Flashers, etc.
For custom-designed solar electric projects, our company employs computerized system-sizing design tools. At present, we export almost 60% of our total products like solar water pumps, etc. to the international market, and we are now concentrating upon further expanding our export market in near future. As a Rs. 4300 million company, we are poised to become a Rs. 15,000 million company by 2009-2010. Recently, our company has made $US 100 million investment to create solar mega plant in Bangalore to meet demands of Indian and global solar power markets.
Our Product Range
Solar Powered Products play a critical role in healing the world, conserving the planet’s fast-depleting resources and accelerating development in energy-starved regions. We, Tata BP Solar India Limited, are a globally reputed manufacturer, exporter and importer of the following range-
- Solar Water Heaters
- Solar Lanterns
- Solar Home Lighting
- Solar Power Packs for Homes
- Solar Water Pumps
- Industrial Solar Water Heating Systems
- Building Integrated Photovoltaic
- Solar Streetlights
- Solar Flashers
- Solar Arrow Boards for Highways
- Solar Road Studs
- Solar Power Packs
- Solar Man-packs for Military Applications
- Solar Vaccine Refrigerators.
In addition, we are capable of designing custom made products as per specific requirements of our clients.
Solar Solutions for Specific Sectors
- Tejas Solar Power Packs for Rural Education
- Sun Bank Solar Power Packs for Rural Banks
- Arogya Solar Solutions for Primary Health Centres
- Pragathi Solar Solutions for Rural Development
- Suraksha Solar Solutions for Road Safety
- Sanchar Solar Power Systems for Telecommunications
- Raksha Solar Solutions for Police Stations/Outposts.
National & International Approvals
Tata BP Solar India Limited is a completely quality driven company. It is due to this sole criteria, we have been able to acquire various standards and approvals from such eminent institutions-
- ISPRA - Italy
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- Factory Mutual (FM)
- Solar Energy Centre (MNES)
- Telecommunication Engineering Centre (DOT)
- Central Power Research Institute
- World Health Organization
- Bureau of Indian Standards
- Asian Institute of Technology
- Arizona State University - USA
- Research Designs and Standards Organizations (RDSO).
- Gold Award in the Engineering Category of the Indian Manufacturing Excellence Award (IMEA) 2005, instituted by Frost & Sullivan
- ELCINA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Exports in the Large Scale Sector, for the year 2003-2004, from the Electronic Industries Association of India
- First Prize for maximum Solar Water Heaters installed during 1996-2004, from the Govt. of Karnataka and the Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Ltd.
- Sectoral Award instituted by the Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (India), in recognition of its export performance in the Non-SSI Category
- First Prize in the Non-SSI/Electronics Category for Outstanding Export Performance for the years 2000, 2001, 2001-2002, 2002-03 and 2003-04. The Awards are instituted by the Department of Industries and Commerce, Govt. of Karnataka
- The International Award for the Best Performance for the year 2001-2002, from the Council of International Awards, UK
- Niryat Shree and Niryat Bandhu Award by the Federation of Indian Export Organisation for excellent Export Performance for the year 2000-2001 and 2001-2002
- Award from the Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council for Excellence in Exports under Non-SSI: Electronic Components Category
- Special Award for the Best Performance in Export of Solar Energy Products from Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, Govt. of India
- Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award from Bureau of Indian Standards
- Business Leadership Award for Photovoltaics from Solar Energy
- Society of India
- Award from India Renewable Energy Development Agency for an outstanding contribution to the renewable energy sector
- A Commendation by the CII Leadership & Excellence Award in Safety, Health and Environment.
Supplying its satisfied customers with the best quality solar powered products like solar water pumps and more remains the ultimate aim at Tata BP Solar India Limited. Therefore, extreme care is taken to ensure that all our products turn out to be of first class quality. Stringent quality supervision is undertaken right from the process of manufacturing, till they are finally delivered. Quality supervision is done in complete accordance with the national and international regulations norms and as per ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 regulations. Each and every aspect of our products is given careful attention, and continuous effort is focused on improving the quality standards through extensive R&D operations.
The best asset of Tata BP Solar India Limited is its robust infrastructural base which has played a crucial role in the meteoric growth and success of the company. The machinery installed at our highly sophisticated facilities for Solar Photovoltaic and Solar Thermal Products and Systems are all of cutting edge technology, enabling us to enhance our performance, productivity, product and service quality. In fact, our company's 38 MW Solar Module Manufacturing Facility is one of the largest of its kinds in the world. Further enhancing these world-class facilities is the Solar Cell Manufacturing Plant. Equipped with a spacious warehouse, we are capable of efficiently meeting the bulk demands of our clients. We have established a widespread business network all over the world through which, we can serve our client base with efficient product delivery, installation and after sales support.
Even as Tata BP Solar keeps pace with the changing times and embraces cutting-edge technology, it believes that the real powerhouse of the company is its strong and highly skilled workforce comprising of 2,200 committed and competent professionals. We have established an extensive dealer/distributor network spread all over India and the neighbouring countries. To improve visibility, we have opened a chain of Solar Shops managed by our dealers. This innovative retail concept is playing a pivotal role in popularising and selling the solar products. We currently have our own offices in Delhi, Kolkata, Pune, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Jammu, Leh, Raipur, apart from Bangalore.